Terms & Conditions
Arrival and Departure
Check in is available from 4.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. on the day of arrival. Check-in times outside of those specified must be confirmed with us prior to arrival and we reserve the right to charge a late check-in fee of up to $50. We ask that you please vacate your room by 10:00 a.m. on the morning of departure.
Our “New Normal” Due to Covid-19
As we venture toward providing hospitality and safety during the pandemic, there are a few things we ask of you our valued guests.
- If you are sick and exhibit signs of COVID19 (fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, body aches, headache, new loss of taste, etc) please cancel your reservation for a full refund. We are not spring chickens and would like to stay healthy.
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing with staff when checking in and out, as well as when you move throughout our home. We understand that for some it is a hardship, but your safety is of utmost importance to us.
- It is our pleasure and we encourage guests to invite their local family and friends to join them at Genoa Guest House. We are happy to have you enjoy visiting with family and friends in our outdoor seating areas only.
- Please understand that breakfast service, as well as any other meal service, will follow the CDC guidance for restaurant service including some additions which ensure indoor service safety. You will be invited via text message to come to breakfast. Everything will be set up for you. Please allow Genoa Guest House Staff to handle any and all set-up and clean-up.
- We are unable to provide refrigeration for personal food items during this time.
- We are diligent in our sanitation of guest rooms and bathrooms. Our door handles and “hot-spots” are disinfected with the highest standard products. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these procedures, we welcome you to discuss them with us.
Please note the cancellation policy before committing to a reservation.
Cancellation by the Guest
We are a small business, so cancellations can have a big impact on us, especially if we have turned away potential guests in favor of someone who has already booked and who then cancels. We do, however, appreciate that unforeseen circumstances can intervene, and we try to be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases. In the event of a cancellation up to 7 days prior to the scheduled date of arrival a full refund will be made.
After 7 days prior to your reservation date you will be charged in full for your reservation.
We take all Bookings in good faith, as we are unable to judge reasons for change, cancellation or non-arrival, guests are reminded that no exceptions to the above conditions will be made and that any booking made with Genoa Guest House Bed and Breakfast for either accommodation or goods, services, meals or drinks that are pre-booked (verbal or written) forms a legally binding contract.
Cancellation by Genoa Guest House
Should it become necessary for us to cancel a booking, we will contact you immediately. Any payments made will be refunded in full.
Private Parking is available off the ally behind the Coach House. Cars parked here are at owner’s risk.
Damage and Breakages
Please take care of our home. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur especially if you accidentally spill something – it’s much easier to clean if we know what it is and act quickly. We do not normally charge for breakages, but we reserve the right to charge for repair or making good if the damage is significant.
We are pleased to offer our guests the facility to dine in. Please telephone or email in advance to book an evening meal and notify us of any special dietary requirements. All meals are prepared to order and therefore we require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. Without pre-ordering, we will unfortunately not be able to provide a meal on the day of arrival.
Evening meals are subject to availability and the cost is non-refundable.
You have access to the building and your room 24 hours a day throughout your stay. A key for your room is provided as well as a key pad code for the guest entrance, given to you when you register on arrival. You have full responsibility of this code and the room key for the duration of your stay. This code will be reset upon check-out.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions.
We regret that children, under 16 years of age, cannot be accommodated.
We are happy to return items that have been left following departure. However, there will be a $10.00 handling charge in addition to shipping.
We reserve the right to charge for missing items.
Payment is due at the time of booking. Additional charges will be debited post check out of accrued.
Pets are not permitted. Well behaved assistance/services dogs are welcome.
We reserve the right to change our prices at any time. This does not affect bookings already made.
Smoking is NOT permitted in our on the premises of Genoa Guest House Bed and Breakfast. If you or any of your guests are found to have smoked on our premises we reserve the right to charge you a fine of $500.
Genoa Guest House Bed and Breakfast reserve the right, at its discretion, to terminate, without notice, an individual’s stay where deemed necessary through unacceptable behavior or as a result of actions which are likely to endanger or offend others (Please note that non-compliance of our non-smoking policy may constitute termination). In such circumstances any outstanding account must be settled, no refunds will be made.
By using our Wi-Fi Service you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of use in force in the below document.